UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES
- BA: Major in Sociology, Minor in Theater Arts
- Cumulative 3.93 GPA
- Graduating March 2017 with Summa Cum Laude Latin Honors
SEMESTER ABROAD: UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG (HKU)
- August 2016-January 2017
- Highlights include: getting caught in the middle of a wild monkey brawl; stumbling through basic conversations in Cantonese; learning how to survive in 100% humidity.
- ARTISTIC DIRECTOR : UCLA V-DAY COALITION
- September 2014 - Present
- The UCLA V-Day Coalition produces over 20 events and outreach programs annually, with each program reaching 6,000+ students. After directing and subsequently producing "The Vagina Monologues" at UCLA, I initiated the creation of a new project: a play drawing from the monologue style of "The Vagina Monologues," but with a greater emphasis on inclusivity. Thus, "LIPS" was born. "LIPS" is a series student-written monologues that my team and I edited and compiled into a world premiere play.
- STAFF WRITER : FEM MAGAZINE
- September 2016 - Present
- FEM Magazine is UCLA's premiere feminist newspaper. As a Staff Writer for the publication's Dialogue section, I craft mostly editorial pieces covering politics, local activism efforts, and personal narratives.
- COPY EDITOR : THE WESTWOOD ENABLER
- September 2016 - Present
- My involvement with The Westwood Enabler, UCLA's most widely circulated satire publication, helps me keep things light. As a copy editor, I ensure that articles are "good to go" in terms of punctuation, grammar, and stylization—I make sure that our articles are polished & primed so that readers don't have to worry about anything but laughing.
- ASSOCIATE PRODUCER INTERN : THE BLANK THEATRE
- June 2016 - August 2016
- At The Blank Theatre, I developed social media strategies, managed donor relations, and designed outreach and advertising campaigns. I also assisted with all aspects of production for The Blank's 24th Annual Young Playwrights Festival, including stage management, costume design, and set dressing.
- COMMUNICATIONS INTERN : KIDSAVE INTERNATIONAL
- December 2015 - June 2016
- Kidsave works to find mentors and adoptive parents for teenagers currently living in foster care and orphanages in Los Angeles County and the Republic of Colombia. As a member of their Communications team, I utilized social media and creative blogging to advocate for kids seeking permanent adoption, developed fundraising materials, and assisted with event planning.
Skills & Strengths
- Creative & Copy Editing
- Social Media Management
- Campaign Marketing & Design
- Theater Production & Stage Management
- Microsoft Suite & Excel
- Adobe Acrobat Suite
- Eager learner
- Clear communicator
- Natural multi-tasker
- Thrives under pressure
- The most passionate person you'll meet